- Salvation. Glorious, unmerited, gracious salvation. The Lord has rescued me from His wrath and the bondage of my sin and redeemed me to be an heir with Christ in the new heaven and new earth. He has opened my eyes to his love and care for me, sanctified me, redeemed me and done a work in my home. He has convicted me, changed my mindset about various things and molded me into the woman, wife and mother He wants me to be. The best part is that He is not finished with me, but my sin's debt was finished on the cross. Eternity and death are not to be feared but anticipated, and that is a magnificent blessing.
- My wonderful family. My husband who grows in grace every day, who is weathering this storm with me and strengthening and supporting me as we do. My daughter who is truly a joy, whose new favorite thing is to hug whatever body part of mine is available. Yesterday, she hugged my leg while I was cutting up chicken for dinner. Without these blessings, things would indeed seem so much worse than they actually are.
- My job. Admittedly, this is a tough one for me to regard as a blessing since it is the source of so much of my current stress. I don't understand teachers who don't get stressed, as there are so many responsiblities heaped upon us everyday. However, I am trained to do the job I am doing, I enjoy it (for the most part) and I am making money to keep our family afloat. The training I have, the marketability I have, the charisma I have with students, what I have learned in five years of teaching and the position that I have are all truly a blessing, even though right now, I don't feel especially grateful for them.
- My best friend. Before now, I have not ever really had a best friend. Someone besides my husband who thinks of me, remembers me, is concerned for me and loves me. Someone who will do anything I need even if I don't ask. What a true blessing is my dear sister in Christ.
- A church where the truth is preached without apology and with conviction.
- The basics: a house, two cars, parents and in-laws who love and care about us and Charlotte, a dog who runs away occasionally but comes back.
Yeah...I feel a lot better now. Every once in a while, we all need to step back and get a little bit of perspective. I hope this has inspired you to do the same, whether you're feeling blessed today or stressed.