Sunday, April 25, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Saturday, April 17, 2010
And a nap shot Adam snapped this week. She's laying on top of Curious George - that's his head between her legs. Haha.
Friday, April 16, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
How true this sentiment is. Since being in charge of the senior class, I cannot think of May or the beginning of June without nausea and panic, at least in the back of my mind. Now, as the weather warms up and the attention of my students wanes, I find myself trying to cram fourteen different tasks into a six hour day at school, I wish that I could just bask in the coming summer, not run full speed ahead and slam into summer headon.
In other news, my friend Sarah called this blog encouraging when we talked last night. That in itself encouraged me, reminding me of the reason for the blog and the purpose of my life and my family's life. Thank you for being a good friend, Sarah, even when I haven't always returned the favor.
Now, as promised, another Charlotte video. Single ladies, anyone?
Monday, April 12, 2010
I have a love-hate relationship with running. Most people do who have any kind of relationship with running at all, but mine is passionate. I deeply despise running with all of my being while I'm doing it. I gasp for air, curse the music on my iPod and swear that I will never run again...and then I go another lap. I feel like my neighbors are making fun of me, muscles I didn't know I had are burning, and then I'm done. It's like I've run through an imaginary finish line, and as I'm walking a lap to cool down, I feel amazing. My world is simpler, the air is sweeter and suddenly my evening is an open book before me.
All this because I ran today. I psyched myself up the entire drive home to run. I was excited. Brit just ran a 5K and after we talked about it, I decided to pick back up the running relationship I had abandoned basically when we moved into this house. Now, here's the kicker. On my iPod are three things currently: a sermon, the Uncharted 2 video game soundtrack and "Hit Me Baby One More Time." Suffice it to say that I only ran one lap. :) Oh well; it's a start.
Life in our household is more or less back to normal. We all have a little bit of jet-lag. I went back to school this morning for the last 8 weeks of school. And Adam and I played a little bit with the video camera today. He got the better clip, but mine's pretty good too - for another time, I suppose.
Friday, April 9, 2010
We are coming home tomorrow EARLY (with, like a 4:30 am wakeup call) and then we will figure out our next step. No jobs yet...their losses :)
Thank you all for your prayers; we love you.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
- We did really well, people were super nice and positive, Charlotte was good when she needed to be and didn't sleep at all during the 3 hour drive. There is definitely potential in these two districts.
- Texas districts, generally, don't usually hire until May or June and can wait as long as July or August to hire. That is not the way that we want things to work, but it is what it is. Adam guessed that God is trying to teach us patience and His timing, not ours. We must fully rely on Him and we are.
Tomorrow we have the day off in San Antonio, then a job fair Thursday. I'll keep you posted (just without pics...I left the camera at home so we bought an old-fashioned disposable :) ).
Friday, April 2, 2010
- Endurance. We are traveling for an extended period of time with a toddler, a well-behaved, lovable toddler, but a toddler all the same. Pray that we will have patience and that Charlotte will be docile and sweet during our travels and interviews. Pray for flexibility and easy adjustment.
- Opportunity. Not just any opportunity, but the right opportunity. Pray that each interview would be two-sided, with us evaluating the district as the district evaluates us.
- God's Will. Ulitmately, this is the aim, always, but in this trip especially. That we don't get our hopes up about where we shouldn't be. That we don't get frustrated about where we should be. That we are prayerful, decisive, wise and patient.
- Safety. There will be a lot of flying and driving. We fly out Sunday night and return Saturday afternoon.
Thank you, dear friends. Have a lovely Resurrection Sunday and praise God from Whom all blessings flow.