Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Sunday, April 10, 2011
- Stability in our home with Adam's job!! This is the most prevalent prayer request in the past two years. Adam's jobs have been unstable at best for that long, and that constant change every school year is getting old and difficult. Please pray that he would get a job at the school where he is supposed to spend his career so that we may finally have stability in this area.
- That God would be faithful to the desires He has placed in our hearts. It is often difficult to trust Him, and we want to take matters into our own hands almost daily, even though He will be faithful to satisy the desires that He gave us (mainly, my desire to come home).
- Peace, joy and peace.
Thank you so much for this, y'all. God delights to hear the prayers of His people. Soli Deo Gloria - and He will be glorified in this beautiful set of trials being over.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Saturday, April 2, 2011
- Cable TV is not as good as I sometimes remember it. And I don't have TLC, which makes me sad.
- The people in the conference that I am attending (I'm eating meals with my peeps here) are in a totally different subculture of this society than me, that I've never really seen or experienced. Also in a totally different subculture is the competitive cheerleading squad sharing a hotel with us. All I can say is, wow, I never knew that people like this existed in real life.
- I can no longer underestimate the capacity of grading I can get done when stuck in a single room with a very comfy bed and hours of crime dramas at my disposal.
- I miss my family. I mean of course I do.
So honestly, I haven't made much of a spiritual journey so far this weekend. I didn't want to waste the time, so I cranked out a class of research papers yesterday, and I feel good about that. But I know that I should do some actual prayer, reading and reflection. And I will. And I wanted you to know. Please pray for me for the next 24 hours: not because I'm lonely, but that God would use this forced break (that He has obviously ordained) for His purpose and His glory. Thanks, y'all. :)
P.S. Oh, and yes, Dad and Adam, I will make sure that I visit Colonial Williamsburg while I'm here - I'll go this afternoon. :)