A Hymn for a Casual Sunday



First, a comparison. For those of you who don't know, the picture on the left is the Sarlacc Pit (Rafe is laughing at me somewhere because I spelled it correctly) from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. It's a huge bottomless pit in the desert of Tatooine that eats whatever falls into it (including Boba Fett) and digests the unlucky food over 1,000 years. How anyone knows that is my best guess.
To the right, you'll see a picture of Charlotte eating from today. Do you see the similiarity? By the way, we've taken to calling her the Charlacc Pit because she will eat anything that comes into her vicinity.

Today was a casual Sunday because the whole family had extended session at church; that means we all wore jeans this morning. I actually got moved from the baby room where I usually am (even though Charlotte, who's not walking, but doing everything else, is now in the toddler room) to the 2-year-old room where I NEVER am, and you know what? I had a BLAST with the 2 year-olds. It was great!

It's also a casual Sunday because I don't have to teach tomorrow. Hooray! Charlotte and I are actually going to pick up her new braces shoes in the morning, and I'm excited because I never get to go with her to the prosthetics place. I'm looking forward to Mommy-Charlotte day.

The reason for the hymn is that since neither one of us were in service today to hear the sermon, I don't have any reflection on the scripture or the message. This is one of my all-time, favorite hymns, even from before I was reformed.

Be thou my vision, oh Lord of my heart,
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art,
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence, my light.

Be Thou my wisdom and Thou my true word,
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord,
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son,
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven's joys, oh bright Heaven's Son!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my vision, oh Ruler of all.

Comments

Popular Posts