And like a flash, it's August.

I told Brit the other day that the summer for teachers is kind of like a long, long weekend. June is Friday, the one day you have to get through until you can rest, and when you get through it, the relief of a break washes over you. July is Saturday; you can sleep in, stay up late and basically do whatever you want. August is Sunday without the time of worship...it's Sunday after church and lunch when you start to focus your mind on what is to come tomorrow. It used to fill me with dread, both August and Sunday afternoons, but amazingly, right now, I am okay with the thought of going back to school. I know that it is what I must do, and even more positively, I know that Adam might be going back as well. The excitement of him maybe returning to teaching far outweighs any kind of apprehension I have surrounding this new school year.
I should have apprehension. In fact, everything that I have known at my school has been turned upside down. We have mostly new administration. Our bell schedule will be different to accomodate teaching extra classes. Our department has been disassembled by various factors. I don't know what I'm teaching next year, or if I have a classroom, and if so where it is. Our school might still be in shambles, with or without air conditioning, due to the renovations. But for some reason, at this point in time, I am not apprehensive at all. Like it or not, I can do this job. Whether I would love to be a stay-at-home-mom or not (which I WOULD, for the record), I can handle my job as it approaches. This is the first time that I haven't felt sick at the thought of going back. Maybe it's because I hope I am getting into my last couple of years in the public school classroom. Maybe it's because after 6 years of experience, I finally feel like I know what I'm doing. Maybe Charlotte and our past year of trial has mellowed me out a little bit. I just know that I can handle my job and my home this year. Will it be perfect? Absolutely not. I'm not sure why I feel this so strongly, but I do. Whatever it is, I'm glad for it. Feeling unintimidated by this year is definitely all of God and none of me.

Speaking of all of God and none of me (or us) is the news of job interviews for my husband. I won't go into too much detail here now, but it is all by God's grace that there are even positions open, let alone that Adam is in the position to be considered for these positions. We have found the psalmist to be true when he says: Why should the nations say, "Where is their God?" Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases. Psalm 115: 2-3.

Today was an extended session Sunday, and next week we are out of town, so no sermon thoughts for a while. Since I was in extended session until about 12:45, I trust that it was a good sermon ;). We went to Zaxby's afterward where we ate with Joe and Kathy, the Stricklands and the Dellingers. What a pleasant surprise! Here's a picture of Joe and Charlotte that Adam snapped with his phone.
Last night, our Sunday School class was going to go to a Salem Red Sox game....and it rained. So we went to Frank's Pizza instead (yum!). Charlotte both identified and happily ate her pizza.Here's Charlotte with the piece of pizza almost as big as she is. I cut up pieces for her, but she definitely prefers to eat like everyone else is eating. Haha. Below is Brit playing with her (and maybe mooching some of her pizza :)).

Comments

Popular Posts