The Pumpkin Patch

Today, I did something totally frivolous, selfish and indulgent: I took a personal day to go to the pumpkin patch with Charlotte's daycare. It was, by far, one of the best things I have done since school started. Not only did I need a day off from the daily routine, be it school days or jam-packed weekends, but the day was perfect for a morning at the farm with 50 other kids and my darling daughter.

Charlotte loved everything about the trip. She got to ride the big school bus there, and thought that was the greatest thing ever. She loved the wagon ride to the pumpkin patch, picking out her pumpkin and riding back to the farm. She loved playing in the corn, jumping on the inflatable trampoline, riding the cow train and seeing the animals. She loved lunch and getting to jump again before riding the big bus back to school. And I think she loved seeing me come into school and pick her up so that she could nap in her own bed. :) It was a wonderful day, and I feel so rejuvinated for having taken the day off to go.

On the wagon ride to pick out our pumpkins...




Playing in the corn...not quite as much fun as last year, but definitely still fun.



Jumping on the inflatable trampoline/bag...








Ready to ride the cow train...








Looking at the pigs....

...and the chickens....



Waiting for lunch...


So there you go. Do something selfish and indulgent soon; it might be just what you need is this busy, sometimes overwhelming season. Soli Deo Gloria.


Comments

Popular Posts