Thinking....

I know that it's been a long time since a real post. Really, that is the forecast of my life in this season. I am just busy. I know that everyone is, but my family literally hits the ground running on Monday morning and doesn't begin to rest until Friday after school. Especially this week, with the Christmas program coming up this weekend, we literally just survive.

But I've been thinking a lot. Thinking about a lot of different things. Christmas and Advent. Biblical womanhood. Biblical wife and motherhood. All of Christ's godliness being in a tiny baby. Serving others. Making food. IBS-safe food. So many things. And here's some of what I came up with.

I didn't want Christmas to sneak up on me this year. And I'm not talking about gifts...the gifts are not a big deal in our house. No, I just wanted to really soak up the meaning of the season, meditating on the well-known story and learning from it. Having it affect me freshly. Having it affect and mean something to my family. Teaching Charlotte the Christmas story and some prophecy through our new Advent calendar tradition. Not letting my heart grow cold or numb to the miracle of the birth of our Savior and Lord. Much of my preparation this season has been to make memories for us and for Charlotte. Establishing traditions and caring for the needs of everyone. Making the house warm (which is so much easier with our new gas furnace :)), welcoming, peaceful and comfortable. Cooking....I cook so much more than I cooked two years ago. I'm also working on IBSifying my diet, which is happening bit-by-bit. All of these things tie together, and again, I am content to be in this season of my life.

Yes, I am content to be in this season of my life. It's not perfect, and it is difficult and tiring, but I wouldn't give up my life for anything. That's a pretty good place to be right now. And you know what? So is wherever you are today. Take a moment to thank God for His goodness and grace today. We need it every hour of every day. Soli Deo Gloria.

Comments

Popular Posts