The 5 o'clock Club


I have been greatly encouraged by many comments about the 5 o'clock club (see this post). I just wanted to give you all an update, hopefully to encourage you in your attempts.

I have decided to take the weekends off. That was Shannon's question - "Are you going to do this every morning?" And the answer is, no, I'm going to take weekends off.

The other question of a couple people was, "So...what do you do?" And the answer is, "A lot." I have a lot to do. I was telling Brit last night that I have been so overwhelmed by trying to balance homemaking, school, wifehood and motherhood, that an extra couple hours in the morning is a big help. So what do I do? I drink tea, I shower, I make Adam's lunch. I eat breakfast with him (by candlelight, this morning...isn't that fun?). I pray and read the Bible. I clean up. It's such a different practice than anything I've ever done, that we're still figuring out our routine in it. For Adam, though it's a delight and blessing to have me awake, it is a little bit of an adjustment also.

Here is what I do not want. I do not want to fill these hours so chock full that there is no time for the purpose with which I rise: to seek the Lord's face. I must do this and nothing else if my purpose in this is to be blessed and pure of heart.

Some encouragement: We knew that it would happen, but I had a horrible, alien morning yesterday. I fought getting out of bed, did nothing once I was out of bed, and was sleepily resistant to being awake until I got to school. I even had coffee when I got to school. But you know what? That's all right. It is. And even though I had a bad morning, I got up this morning at 5:00, and you know what? It was better. If this happens to you, do not be discouraged. Just keep getting up, and know that your body will adjust to you getting up early.

I hope that helps. If you need more encouragement, check out this section of the Girl Talk blog. Soli Deo Gloria.

Comments

  1. Hope you have a safe drive to UVA...love the pics of Charlotte...so cute

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts