10 Things I love about being home with a sick child:
- She's more cuddly than normal (albeit more whiny than normal) and I love taking care of her.
- I can pee whenever I want. No, seriously.
- I can help my husband get out the door faster and refresh him better when he returns from work (this week, his super-chaotic first week of teaching in the city).
- I can take care of things around the house that need to be done (which, I realize, is a no-brainer, but this is still Thursday.)
- I can ignore all of the things that "need" to be done in order to rock my toddler to sleep for her nap, something I haven't done since she was a little baby.
- I can play praise music when she sings "Jesus" randomly during our day, and we can both sing and dance to it together.
- I can watch Sid the Science Kid on DVD with her in my lap. We can also watch her Baby Einstein's World Animal Adventure which she loves.
- I don't have to go anywhere. We can stay at home together with Simon and not leave the house for anything.
- She can sleep when she needs to sleep and eat when she needs to eat. So can I.
- It's like a free day, not part of a stressful week. Anything that gets done is a bonus because no one expected anything to get done since I was going to work originally.
There, that was nice. I hope you're having a great day like I am at home with my sick Charlotte. What is your favorite part of today?