Homemaking

I'm trying to use the time I have this summer to hone my homemaking skills. What I have now could hardly be called "skills," but I am working to improve them, improve my home, family and save us money. I have more homemaking skills than many women and wives in our country, so for that, I thank my mom. Thanks, mom!

I have two recipes to share with you today that I am very excited about. I can't take credit for one of them at all, but since I tried it and it worked, here it is.

Iced Mocha - a small pitcher for the fridge
Pieced together from online sources

Using ridiculously bold coffee, brew 8 cups of water with about 10 rounded tablespoons of coffee. This gave me about 6ish cups of STRONG coffee. I added about 5 tbsps of chocolate syrup, 2 tbsps of brown sugar, 2 cups of cold milk and the piece de resistance: 1/2 tsp. of vanilla. Pour over ice, store the pitcher in the fridge....Ahh! SO GOOD! Seriously, it's like $20 worth of coffee drinks in your fridge.

Blueberry Muffins
From GirlTalk blog

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mashed blueberries
2 cups whole blueberries
1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease both muffin cups and tops of muffin tins around cups. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with milk to butter mixture. Stir in blueberries. Fill muffin cups and sprinkle tops with sugar and nutmeg mixture. Bake about 25 minutes. Cool 30 minutes before removing from tins.

I made these muffins on Wednesday night when Charlotte was asleep and sick and Adam was at church. They are significantly better than the boxed variety I'm used to.

The family is going to Salem Fair today; I'm sure pictures will follow. :)

Comments

  1. Brit would like to add a couple more tablespoons of sugar to the hot coffee before it's chilled; she said that it's too bitter for her tastes, but Allison liked it as is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts