Don't Panic.



Everything is fine. BUSY but fine. So busy, I can stop to type this for ten minutes before I go do something else.  We are adjusting. That is something you need to know. It is a difficult adjustment, but we are getting there.  Charlotte is starting dance classes in a couple weeks, and I can't wait to post about that. :)

I talked to a dear teacher friend at church yesterday, and she said something very innocent to me: "It must be hard to be a Christian mom and a teacher at the same time." Honestly, that simple comment laid me out for a moment. I had nothing to say. I almost started a pitiful downward spiral into...but no, I didn't. I responded by saying something like it is hard, but it's doable.

So here it is, what I should have said: God has called me to teach. He has not called me to any other vocation but teaching. Did you know that it is awful to be in public education right now? It is. But it's my calling, and my Lord who knows all things has equipped me to do it. Is it tough to have two little-little kids and teach high school English of all things? OF COURSE! Isn't anything worth doing tough at times? Marriage, parenting, homeowning, functioning as a human being, deep-seated faith in my Lord Jesus Christ? Yes, it's tough, but we run the race faithfully, running the course that God has given us. And this is the course God has given me. The last thing that I will not allow our family to forget: this is a season. We will not always have two kids this small. We will not always be pressed as hard as we are pressed. If you'll recall, we were much harder pressed three years ago at this time.
So don't worry about us. If you don't hear from us, give us a call. We are fine and happy, albeit busy, running the race that God has called us to. I hope you're doing the same. Soli Deo Gloria.

Comments

  1. This was so encouraging - thank you! If God does end up calling me to teaching, I hope by that point I will have acquired this wisdom that you seem to have, coming only from our Heavenly Father!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts