David's Song of Deliverance

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation,
my stronghold and my refuge,
my savior; you save me from violence.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies.....
[Selah, added by me...]
With the merciful you show yourself merciful;
with the blameless man, you show yourself blameless;
with the purified you deal purely,
and with the crooked you make yourself seem tortuous.
You save a humble people,
but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them down.
For you are my lamp, O Lord,
and my God lightens my darkness.
For by you I can run against a troop,
and by my God I can leap over a wall.
This God -- his way is perfect;
the word of the Lord proves true;
he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him."

2 Samuel 22:2-4, 26-31

Amen. It has been a tough couple of weeks, but these words are soothing to my soul. May they soothe your soul also today. Soli Deo Gloria.

Comments

Popular Posts