Some conclusions


After two weeks of being back at work, I have come to some conclusions.

  • Being a mom is hard.  If you work, it's hard.  If you stay at home, it's hard.  It's a different kind of hard, but honestly, the grass can always be greener on the other side, no matter what side you're on.
  • Staying at home or working is not a black-or-white issue.  The evangelical community can make it seem like a black-or-white issue sometimes, but there is no right answer about the "right" thing to do.  I am not wrong if I work outside the home - this is something I must remind myself of.
  • I can be a career teacher (if that's the plan) and be a good mom who raises good kids.  There are worse professions to have while being a mom (even though, don't even get me started on the point of education in our country right now...)
  • I am at my school for a reason.  There have been times when all I wanted to do was transfer, quit or call in sick, but I am there, in that school, in my room with my kids and colleagues for a reason. Whether I like it or not, I am a light there, for students and teachers alike.
  • Priorities are important. I referenced the state of education a couple points up, and the truth is, I can't get all riled up about educational legislature, budget cuts or wage freezes.  I have to change diapers, give baths, nurse and fix dinner.  I don't have time or mental energy to get dragged down in negative.  It's not that I don't care; it's that, at the the end of the day, it's a job for me, not my life.
Any questions? :) As always, Soli Deo Gloria, friends.

This post is linked up here:
Raising Homemakers

Comments

Popular Posts